HOW LONG WILL MY LASH EXTENSION LAST?
(3) 日常護理 （更詳細的資料會再下一題詳述）
跟頭髮一樣，睫毛會有自己的生長週期，因應新陳代謝，當週期運轉到需要脫落的時候，睫毛就會脫落，好讓新的睫毛再長出來。一般每人每天，每隻眼睛就會有一至三條自身的睫毛掉落。由於睫毛相比起頭皮上的頭髮更短、更幼，所以一般若非植了睫毛的話，可能不太容易察覺它會脫落；但當人造睫毛嫁接到自身睫毛之上後，自身睫毛週期又剛好到了自然脫落的時候，人造睫毛就會連著自身睫毛一起掉落 — 很多時候會令人誤會自身睫毛的脫落，是全因人造睫毛的重量和嫁接技巧不佳所致，其實兩者並不一定有直接關連。自身睫毛按著身體的新陳代謝機制掉落乃屬自然生理現象。身體毛髮的掉落速度亦會因應不同的生理狀況而有所改變，例如剛生完小孩的女生，頭髮和睫毛會掉落得比較快速，所以需要修補睫毛的頻率亦會相對在這段時間提高。
A: Approximately 2-6 weeks, depending on various factors, and could vary from cycle to cycle. Some determining factors include the following :
(1) The initial volume of the set you have chosen to apply
The fuller the lash set initially applied, the longer it is likely to stay attached. As more extensions was attached to your natural lashes, it will naturally take longer for the full amount of it to detach completely, compared to if you have only applied half the amount.
(2) Your natural lash condition.
Damaged, weak, sparse, and brittle lashes tend not to hold extensions in as secure as stronger lashes do, when extensions are attached to weaker lashes, they are more prone to prematurely detaching compared to healthy lashes.
(3) The aftercare
Caring for your extension following application is important and proper maintenance will prevent extensions from detaching prematurely. We do not recommend water exposure within 24 hours following application nor swimming/steaming/spa/sauna treatments within the 48 hours time frame. Oily and creamy products are to be avoided around the immediate lash line area as oily residues are not easy to clean off and could remain stuck on the extensions. You should also avoid washing your face with hot water (e.g during hot shower in winter) as exposing the eyelash glue to hot water on a daily basis could weaken the adhesion between the extension and your natural lashes.
(4) The natural lash cycle
Lashes are like hairs on our scalp, they will grow and fall as a part of their natural life cycle. On average, we will lose 1-3 of our natural lashes per eye, per day. Compared to our body hair, eyelashes are shorter and finer, so when they shed it is not as noticeable compared to other body hairs. However when you have extensions attached, when the eyelash is timed to shed, the attached extension will inevitably fall with it because they were glued together initially so they will just fall together (Sometimes giving an illusion that the extension is the cause of the fall, when reality is - its the natural lash that’s due to be replaced - and hence they are falling together as the extension is glued on to the the natural lash). The natural lash cycle is also prone to changes through different cycles of our life. For example ollowing pregnancy, many women also experience extensive hair loss, and hence, they will need more frequent bookings to replace the lost extension that have fallen.
Q8 : 植睫毛後該如便進行日常護理？
HOW SHOULD I LOOK AFTER MY LASH EXTENSION?
(4) 睡眠姿勢 — 盡量避免面部朝下的睡姿。因為壓力會影響睫毛的形狀和睫毛的狀態。
In order to maintain optimal condition of the extensions, proper maintenance is vital. Our consultant will speak to you in details following application, including the following :
(1) We do not recommend water exposure within 24 hours following application nor swimming/steaming/spa/sauna treatments within the 48 hours time frame.
(2) Oily and creamy products are to be avoided around the immediate lash line area as oily residues are not easy to clean off and could remain stuck on the extensions.
(3) You should also avoid washing your face with hot water (e.g during hot shower in winter) as exposing the eyelash glue to hot water on a daily basis could weaken the adhesion between the extension and your natural lashes over time.
(4) Sleeping position - If possible, avoid sleeping position that will put pressure on and affect the shape of the lashes, including facing down on your pillow during sleep as the pressure is going to affect the overall condition of the extensions.